Professional Service When You Need It Most
Mold Remediation and Abatement in North Texas
D&W Restoration is your local professional source for disaster restoration in North Texas, including mold remediation. Mold damage in your home or business not only damages the structure and contents within but presents a significant health risk and can be particularly difficult to remove permanently. Without a trained and certified professional performing the remediation, the mold is unlikely to be removed properly, leading to further proliferation down the road. Call D&W Restoration today for full-service mold remediation in the DFW Metroplex.
- Certified Mold Abatement Technicians
- Thorough Mold Removal & Cleanup
- Insurance Claim or Private Pay
- Eliminate the Health Effects of Mold
What to Know About Mold and Mold Remediation
The experts at D&W Restoration are fully trained in mold remediation and know the importance of proper removal for the safety of a property.
- Mold Spreads: Where there is moisture and organic material, there's the potential for mold growth. Mold prefers dark, stagnant areas and can begin to grow within 24-48 hours of the introduction of the appropriate environment.
- Visible Mold Isn't the Only Worry: The mold that you can see with your naked eye is usually just the tip of the iceberg. Mold can grow in fiberglass insulation, on top of ceiling tiles, inside your HVAC system, inside wall cavities, and under flooring. Additionally, it can be extremely difficult to identify mold by sight alone, so it's best to have samples professionally tested. By Texas law, a mold remediation company like D&W cannot also perform the testing, but we can point you in the direction of some companies we know and trust. After the testing is complete and the presence of mold is confirmed, we will get to work to remove the mold.
- Bleach is Not the Answer: While bleach can get rid of mold on nonporous surfaces if used correctly, it's far from the best solution for mold removal. Not only is it ineffective on porous surfaces, but it can actually break down into sugar and feed further growth if it isn't completely rinsed off of the surface. The mold that is removed will ultimately regrow if all of the sources of moisture and humidity are not addressed.
- Mold Cleaning Can Be Hazardous: It takes very little exposure to mold spores to cause an allergic reaction. Vibrations and movement will cause mold to release their spores, and a single patch of mold can let loose hundreds of thousands of spores from one small bump. This is not only hazardous to the health of any occupants of a building but also increases the likelihood of the mold spreading if it's not properly contained during cleaning.
If you believe you have mold in your home or business, call D&W Restoration right away. Our mold removal experts have the expertise and equipment to properly contain and remediate your mold so that it's gone for good. We offer certified, professional mold remediation throughout North Texas, and are always ready to get to work.